- This event has passed.
Enabling a Culture of Speaking Up (Managers-Only)
June 11, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This half-day, 3-hour class explores organizational and individual factors that foster speaking up in the workplace as well as factors that get in the way of speaking up. Speaking up in this class is defined as courageously sharing ideas, feedback or disagreement, even when it might be uncomfortable to do so. The class will offer managers techniques for creating a culture where people do feel encouraged to speak up through tips like managing power cues and setting norms but also through their own role modeling of speaking up.
Offerings of this course are only viewable to Managers. If you believe you should be able to view and attend this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will learn
- Antecedents (pre-existing factors) that help and hinder speaking up
- Thoughts and feelings that happen more “in the moment” that help and hinder speaking up
- Techniques for managing the antecedents and thoughts in service of a culture that encourages speaking up
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion.