Introduction to DIB Academy
March 17 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
This virtual workshop’s duration is 3.5 hours, 10:30-2:00 with a break from 12:00-12:30. It is the first workshop in the series, designed to start you on the journey, or support your journey, to become more culturally confident. The goal is to gain knowledge and strategies to enhance inclusion and belonging at Harvard and in your daily interactions.
In this workshop, you will increase your level of confidence in:
- Beginning to understand important DIB concepts
- Exploring the complexity of identity – yours and that of others
- Knowing your level of diversity awareness
- Applying greater cultural awareness to manage bias
- Creating a personal action plan to enhance your diversity awareness and assist in creating a culture of inclusion
Audience: Benefits Eligible Employees
Late Drop/Cancel Fee: None
Pre-Work:participants are expected to complete one assessment, read an article, and familiarize themselves with the Pulse Survey report. Pre-work is emailed a week before the class.