- This event has passed.
Sparking Communication and Relationships at Work
April 8, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
In this interactive session, we’ll explore why building relationships is difficult for adults, discuss the different types of relationships you might want to build, and then identify some concrete ways to do it – by asking the right questions, setting ground rules when needed, and having meaningful conversations.
Topics covered include the dreaded icebreaker; defining relationship goals; the interdependence of communication, relationships, and trust; the need to ask questions and the “right” types of questions to ask; and the importance of making yourself vulnerable. Attendees will come away with fresh thinking and concrete tools to help them foster communication and relationships with their teams and colleagues.
Attendees will learn:
- To enhance facilitation techniques for breaking the ice
- How to develop skills to foster communication
- How to improve their ability to ask probing questions
- To understand the dynamics of building trust and strengthening relationships
- Ways to better navigate difficult conversations
Who should attend:
- Leaders and managers
- HR personnel
- Professionals who frequently work on a team
- All employees who want to improve work relationships