- This event has passed.
The Intersection of Power, Privilege, and Oppression
2021/12/02 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
The Intersection of Power, Privilege, and Oppression offers a critical look at how these concepts have influenced Harvard since its inception and how they affect the experiences of Black folx and other marginalized groups. Participants will learn historical significance and explore their personal proximity to power, privilege, and oppression through various facets of their identity. This workshop addresses workplace scenarios and provides action steps toward creating a more culturally sensitive and equitable modern-day workplace.
- Become familiar with historical influences related to power, privilege, and oppression (PPO) in the U.S., and Harvard
- Define power, privilege, and oppression
- Explore your personal proximity to each concept
- Understand how power, privilege, and oppression impact the workplace and DIB
- Harness tools to improve inclusivity and sense of belonging related to PPO