- This event has passed.
The Power of a Positive No
May 27, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
This half-day, 3.5-hour workshop will explore challenges behind saying “no” and potential risks, impact, and feelings that prevent us from being honest. Learn how to say “yes” to yourself by identifying what is important and work towards a positive, respectful outcome at work or at home. This course is based on the Harvard Negotiation Program co-founder’s book: The Power of a Positive No.
You will learn
- Techniques to assert your interests while still respecting those of the other.
- Tips for other ways of saying “no”.
- How to invent options for mutual gain while standing up for yourself.
Your Commitment as a Participant
- Complete pre-work assignment prior to class
- Actively participate and be prepared to customize session-content to yourself and your role
- Complete course evaluation following class-completion