Welcome to Performance Management FY17! Click here to learn about the upcoming PeopleSoft Upgrade!
ePerformance, is the PeopleSoft system for recording and capturing annual Performance Management Data.
- How To Guide
- Ratings Summary
- Competency Dictionary
- Self-Paced Learning and Resources- Found in the Harvard Training Portal: Join the Employee and Manager Group
- Feedback Tool
The HLC Feedback Survey Tool provides you with an online option for requesting and synthesizing feedback from multiple individuals for each of your direct reports, including peers and colleagues, clients, vendors, etc. While the ePerformance system offers a feedback option, the HLC Feedback Survey Tool is a useful alternative for those choosing to seek feedback outside of PeopleSoft.
– Top –
– Top –
There are three form-types offered within ePerformance, and for the FY17 performance year a PeopleSoft upgrade in April 2017 will offer key enhancements including fewer clicks to Complete a document and optional feedback and self-evaluation sections in the Summary and Exception Forms (*Ask your manager or Department Administrator which form your department will be utilizing.):
- Standard Form – This is the most complete form. It provides separate sections for identifying specific goals (both results-based and professional development) and competencies at the beginning of the performance cycle, as well as optional sections for collecting feedback at year-end. It is the most iterative, in that there is system-facilitated interaction between the staff member and manager at the beginning of the performance cycle (Planning/Goal Setting) as well as the end of the cycle (Assessment).
- Summary Form – This form is completed by the manager at the end of the performance cycle (Assessment). It provides space for a specific narrative summary for goals completed (both results-based and professional development) and competencies demonstrated, as well as an optional section for the employee self-evaluation. In FY17, this form will be available April 5th, once the PeopleSoft upgrade is completed; please be sure to get familiar with the new look and feel of PeopleSoft before jumping into your performance documents.
- Exception Form – This form is completed by the manager at the end of the performance cycle (Assessment). It provides a single space for a narrative summary for overall performance, as well as optional sections for the employee self-evaluation and for collecting year-end feedback. In FY17, this form will be available April 5th, once the PeopleSoft upgrade is completed; please be sure to get familiar with the new look and feel of PeopleSoft before jumping into your performance documents.
HMS Combined Planning/Goal Setting and Year-End Evaluation Form for Summary and Exception Form Users:
- HMS Combined Form
You may use this form to capture both Goals (Section 1) and the Self-Evaluation (Section 2), or customize it to fit your needs if you choose to use it for just one or the other.
SPH Planning/Goal Setting Form for Summary and Exception Form Users:
– Top –
September 30, 2016 – Goal Setting and Planning (completed documents due for HMS and SPH)
October 31, 2016 – Goal Setting and Planning (completed documents due for HSDM)
- Standard Form users – Staff and managers will enter this information directly into PeopleSoft (Self-Service or Manager Self-Service>Performance Management>My Current or Team Current Documents).
- Summary and Exception Form users – Staff and Managers will capture FY17 goals in an electronic format that can be updated and referred to for the Assessment Phase in the spring of 2017.
December 2016 – February 2017 – Informal Interim Check-in Discussions (this is a useful way to discuss and implement any adjustments to goal content and/or goal dates).
May 31, 2017 – Performance Assessments (completed documents due for HMS and SPH; timing will vary for some departments).
June 30, 2017 – Performance Assessments (completed documents due for HSDM).
– Top –