Quick Access to Policies
For your convenience, below are some Harvard-wide policies to access quickly from this site. Additional links to access HLC or School specific policies are also provided.
- General Workplace Policies – You can access a number of general Harvard policies from HARVie here.
- HUCTW Personnel Manual – The Harvard Union of Clerical and Technical Workers personnel manual which includes policies and guidelines for union staff.
- HUCTW Agreement – The Harvard Union of Clerical and Technical Workers agreement/contract for union staff.
- Administrative/Professional Manual – Policies and guidelines for exempt staff
- Policy Against Discrimination – Harvard’s policy against discrimination
- Guidelines for Interacting with Minors – Guidelines on promoting a safe environment when working with minors.
- Sexual & Gender-Based Harassment (Title IX & Gender Equity) – Policy, resources and guidelines for employees at Harvard.
- Anonymous Reporting Hotline – Hotline meant for reporting of issues in situations where you don’t feel comfortable speaking with a supervisor or other resource.
- Smoke-Free/Tobacco-Free Policy – As part of our continued commitment to enhancing our employee’s quality of life and the environment on campus, the Harvard Longwood Campus is a 100% smoke-free (including e-cigarettes) and tobacco-free community. Please see our campus map and smoking/tobacco policy for additional details.
HLC and School Specific Policies
The Ombuds Office: The office can help you explore concerns about career Management, work/Academic environment, research, fair treatment, interpersonal relationships, sexual harassment, non-discrimination policy. The office may provide help for a work-related situation. The Ombuds Office, which also serves Harvard’s Dental and Medical Schools, supplements the resources provided by SPH’s Human Resources Office.
The office “serves students, faculty, staff and trainees of Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and is independent in structure, function and appearance. It provides a highly confidential, impartial and informal forum in which to discuss concerns, goals and options.”
For more information, contact Melissa Brodrick, Ombudsperson
Harvard Longwood Campus: HMS, HSDM, SPH
164 Longwood Avenue Boston, MA 02115
617 432-4040 (Ombuds)
617-432-0586 (Confidential Fax)
Participation Policy for Programming – Find more information about the HLC policy for attending trainings and programming.
Manager-Only Resources and Trainings – find more tools for managers.